Out of curiosity, what is your ratio of batches to years brewing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How many brews do you do on average per year?

• 1-10 times per year

• 11-25 times per year

• 26-50 times per year

• 51-75 times per year

• +75 times per year

Results are only viewable after voting.

m00ps

Reaction score
Like approximately

e.g. If you've been brewing 4 years and done, say ~75 batches - 75/4 = 18.5

maybe this shouldve been a poll. But I lack the intelligence to make one...

Mine follow the bell curve :)

2011 - 12
2012 - 20
2013 - 20
2014 - 14
2015 - 13

AVE = 15.8

Ebb and flow of new hobbies I guess. My liver is gladder its not 2012 or 2013

I've been brewing for 8 years, probably around 500 batches but I never kept count. So I guess that makes me a 62 or so

Lost count a few years back; also, just beer or does it include wine, cider & Meade?
Started out brewing every 3 weeks but slowed down when I figured all that brew was adding
a lot to my waistline.

About 10 per year. First year wasn't as productive and I kept terrible notes. After I upgraded to a kegging system and detailed my brew journal production improved considerably--five batches in the month of November.

I'm a slow drinker so consumption is usually the kink in my pipeline. Need to entertain more, I guess.

I have been homebrewing for 6 months now and have brewed 9 batches thus far... I have another 3 that will be done relatively soon to fill up the new kegs.

So as of now, I am at a ratio of 18.

Brewing for about a month, and I've made 5 batches to date. Sooo 60? Lol. That ratio is bound to go down.

I try to brew every other weekend but things get in the way sometimes. Girlfriend, 2 jobs, friends, family.. I'd have to estimate about 20 batches a year.

I've been brewing for about five years, but only brewed twice the first two years. I'm at about 60 batches in total. This gives me a ratio of 12. However, if you take into account only the last three years that I've been actively brewing, my ratio is 20.

Avg about 3 batches every 2 months, guess that makes me about 18.

Been brewing about 2.5 years now and the wife finally admits I can make a drinkable...perhaps even occasionally "decent"...beer, so that is bound to go up significantly.

Been brewing all-grain for about a year and half.

29 (3 gallon)
12 (10 gallon)
1 (7 Barrel) - "Assisted" Rye Pale Lager- not my recipe but on tap at the Ballston Rock Bottom.

42/1.5 = 28

104 / 12 = 8.6

I hit my high of 14 (2007) batches the year before my son was born
in his first year i only brewed 4 times

now that he is 8, and likes to help, my numbers should start moving back up.

S

Only done 3 batches of beer this last year - 4th one is waiting to be brewed - but I was focusing more on cider, wine and mead, so that is a little misleading in relation to the effect on my liver....

I've done 10 batches since I started a little over 5 months ago, but two of those are 1 gallon.
So assuming I keep the same ratio, then I'm on pace for 19 batches a year. Which is about 1 every 3 weeks, and that's the frequency I brew.

Really not sure what I averaged my first 7 years..... probably 15-20 maybe??? Brewed sporadically for about 5-7 years. The past 5 years or so have been 50 per year.

brewed occasionally in uni, but after a five year break I'm back into brewing in a big way.
My first brew since being back into it was on halloween and I've done two more since then so that would work out at around 24, but that's a little misleading.
I imagine I'll probably average 1 every 3/4 weeks so 13-17

Mine's pretty low because I took almost a 2 year break when I moved from TX to OR because of small apartment life. Think I'm around a ratio of 8, but I havent kept great track of how many brews I've done.

Actual: 0.75 years, 16 batches, 205 gallons

Predicted for 1 year: 21 batches, 275 gallons

My goal was 500 gallons this year, but work has been interfering with my beer.

I haven't kept a detailed count, but I think I'm somewhere around 16-18/year. Would probably approach 20/year but I'm out of town for six weeks every summer so there's a hiatus there.

Back