out of C02 - transfer to bottles??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewdah

Reaction score
So ran out of CO2 and have full keg of Irish red. Not sure I'll be able to get refill for couple weeks and thinking of transferring whole batch to 22's. Can I rack this to bottle bucket and bottle? Would I want to add some new priming sugar? CO2 did last a week so beer was already carbed.

If you bottle it your going to have to wait a few weeks for them to carb, so I would just wait.

In short, no. Carbonated beer would foam a ton, and you'd have to decarb the beer before racking to the bottle. It would probably oxidize the beer in the process, as well as take weeks to carb up then.

I'd probably just get some c02 in the future, and either drink it from the keg then or go ahead and bottle from the keg with c02 to push it then.

makes sense.....not worth the time or chance of spoiling the batch. Looks like I'll just grab a case of Smithwicks for St.Pattys Day......probably need to invest in larger co2 tank as well. Cheers all!!

Back