Out disconnect on In post, HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisbarnes5000

Reaction score
So I kegged my Irish redish beerish thing the other day (it didn't turn out great but it fills a keg). I guess I had had a little too much homebrew cause I checked to make sure I reassembled everything correctly then shoved the out disconnect on the in post. :drunk:
I have done this before and I was able to get the disconnect off. This time however I can't get it to budge. I even had SWMBO (the darling she is) put her wieght on the keg (and thus her face in the way should the disconnect have come loose) while I yanked on it. Nothing!:(

Any suggestions short of buying a new disconnect and post?

Work a wide flat blade screw driver under the disconnect while holding up the release ring. Go from side to side and it should come off.

check to see of its all the way on, I had one get stuck and I just pushed it all the way on and then it popped right off. It must be able to jam on something.

I had this happen before, I had to break the plastic connector off of the keg post. And buy a new plastic connector.

I've done that. Get something under the disconnect and pry while pulling up on the slide ring. Give it hell and it should eventually pop after much cussin'.

After some deliberation and careful consideration of the situation I yanked the thing off with my pliers. I did try to ease it off with the screwdriver but after a couple of tries and almost slicing my thumb open I took the next best course of action.

At least now I can gas my keg, and (oh darn) tomorrow I go to the LHBS.

Thanks everyone!!!:)

I mark all my kegs with white tape on the 'in' side. That way I don't have to look for the flange or the 'in' written on the keg.

B

While I can't help - this post (and like others before that have helped me) should be a reminder for others to always double check your posts before putting them on. Black = Beer, Gray = Gas.

Best of luck on getting that removed. :mug:

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that's done this.

I was going to just relieve the pressure on the keg. Had beer shooting all over the place, it was quite the mess. This won me our club's 'Lite Weight' award last year. The lesson(s) learned were to not tell ANYONE about events like this, Grey = Gas and double check which post you're sticking it on.

I gave up and robbed one from another keg. Will try the screwdriver trick this weekend.

Back