Oster 5.0 CF noise issues

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slipgate

Reaction score
I just got this and plugged it in while I await the kegerator conversion kit. I noticed that while running it is pretty noisy. You can clearly hear the refrigerant running through the lines. Does anyone have this model and could you confirm or deny if you have heard this? I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. The noise is not a deal killer and this is in the basement so it is not an issue unless it is a sign of trouble.

I had no such issues with my Kenmore 4.5cf.

I just got this and plugged it in while I await the kegerator conversion kit. I noticed that while running it is pretty noisy. You can clearly hear the refrigerant running through the lines. Does anyone have this model and could you confirm or deny if you have heard this? I just want to make sure there is nothing wrong with it. The noise is not a deal killer and this is in the basement so it is not an issue unless it is a sign of trouble.

I had no such issues with my Kenmore 4.5cf.

Sometimes mine makes noise. Its not all the time though. Although I have a whirlpool.

I have the Oster and have noticed that as well......It seems to be keeping things cold though.....not sure what the temp is but I ordered a lacrosse temp thing to keep tab.....will keep you posted~

Back