Orlando trip/i need suggestions!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminJonah

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am from MN and will be down in Orlando, Florida next week. I was wondering if any of you have suggestions for brewpubs, microbrews, or overall craft brews I can find on tap in that area.

Thanks!

Ben

The Milk Bar just outside downtown. Really good craft beer selection.

Shipyard Emporium in Winter Garden. Fairly new, several local only 'Shipyard' brews as well as kegs from Maine.

Thanks so much everyone! I am only there for a week so I don't think I will make it to Tampa, but thanks for the suggestion. Are there any specific regional/local brews I should try down there(I am not familiar with the brewing companies from that area and would like to try something I cant get in the midwest)? I usually go for an IPA, IIPA, doppelbock, or a pils. Thanks again folks!

Stay off Orange Blossom Trail, and be careful on International Drive after dark. Keep your wallet in your front pocket.

Cigar City IPA...find it. That was by far the best thing I could get my hands on when I was in Marco Island a few weeks ago.

Cigar City IPA...find it. That was by far the best thing I could get my hands on when I was in Marco Island a few weeks ago.

All of the Cigar City brews are worth trying - I think they have 4 or 5 available in bottles.

World of Beers on Sand Lake Road in Dr. Philips. Just a few minutes from Disney.

Edit: Sorry, it's on Dr. Philips Blvd right off of Sand Lake. (You can see it from Sand Lake)

If you are visiting disney world I suggest hiting Big River Brewery on the disney boardwalk. Arranged a brewery tour of this brewpub with the head brewer and got to samplenot only all the beers on tap but a couple of the brewer's choice beers that were still in the secondary.
Head brewer was really great at answering my questions and was homebrewer to boot.

Redbeard5289

I always have to jump in these threads and add to the Cigar City love. The Jai Alai IPA and Maduro Brown are my favorites.

Back