Orlando drinking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scherrman

Reaction score
I'm going to heading to Orlando in May and was curious what everyone recommends to drink there. What are some of the best local brews? I'm going to be there for work and will be staying at the Peabody Hotel. If anyone has stayed there before do you know if their bars have a good beer selection? Thanks.

I stayed there once when I was little, so couldn't help based on what I remember, but they have the "World of Beer" which is a pretty cool taphouse that has a pretty large selection... just in case you don't find any breweries in particular.

A couple places I would recommend are Red Light Red Light and the Shipyard Emporium.

Red Light Red Light is a beer bar that has a great selection both on draft and on tap. The Shipyard Emporium doesn't have as much of a selection but they will have a bunch of stuff from Shipyard on tap as well as a few other local things. I like the Shipyard Emporium because they have a 28 gallon homebrew system setup behind their bar that they use to brew a lot of very experimental and unique stuff that they serve in the bar. Last time I was there I tried a beer with curry in it...

If you have a car and a few hours to spare you can't go wrong by driving over to Tampa and hitting up the Cigar City tasting room... The drive is about 75 miles but well worth it.

I'd check out a bottle from Saint Somewhere, out of Tarpon Springs FL. I had a saison from them (bottle), which I really enjoyed. Also, Cigar City is excellent- their Guava Grove is an amazing beer. I haven't been to their tasting room, but everything I've tried from them has been great.

If you venture east of Orlando, you'll find Cocoa Beach Brewing Company which have some really good beers, and the Florida Beer Company in Melbourne. Of course, there's always Orlando Brewing Company near downtown Orlando...they have a nice selection and provide tours as well.

Latest posts

Back