Quantcast

Organizing brewing supplies in the garage

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

SuperiorBrew

Reaction score
Picked up six of the 2'x4'x6' metal shelves with 4 shelfs from Menard's on sale. They are supposed to hold 500 lbs per shelf.

I also picked up some HDPE 1/2 & 1 gallon containers for the specialty grains. The 1/2 gallons hold 2.5 lbs and the gallons 5 lbs. Then I go up to 5 gal pails (25lbs)and 14 gal totes (70lbs)

Still lots of organizing to do but its starting to take shape.

adx

Reaction score
First the ugly keggle and now the ugly storage! I always have to applaud those that can be dedicated enough to do proper organization. My sense of organization usually involves stacks of stuff just going into boxes.

Sir Humpsalot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The grains look great, but do you have an attached garage? For some reason, I can't help worrying that keeping that kind of grain lying around in an unheated, unattached garage is a recipe for vermin.

Have you considered that? How well do those containers seal?

OP
SuperiorBrew

SuperiorBrew

Reaction score
Sir Humpsalot said:
The grains look great, but do you have an attached garage? For some reason, I can't help worrying that keeping that kind of grain lying around in an unheated, unattached garage is a recipe for vermin.

Have you considered that? How well do those containers seal?
Attached garage with infloor heat, I only keep it at 40-50 in the winter, on a brew day I crank it up to 60.
The lids are air tight, we use them at work for liquids.

OP
SuperiorBrew

SuperiorBrew

Reaction score
orfy said:
Beets My small space.

I also have a storage bin out side for containers and keep my bulk grain under the stairs.
Do you store all your stuff under the red X? :D