organizing beer bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joedub

Reaction score
Did a quick search didn't find much so I figured I would throw this our there. I am having a real problem with bottle organization. I have a **** load of bottle just strewn about and I am looking for some type or container to hold them that is sturdy and will last. Kegging is not an option right now although I wish it were because I would love to bring these bottles to the redemption center.

Just curious how you guys organize your bottles.

When I buy beer it is always the same type (redhook) and I only buy 12 packs. I like them all to be the same and the 12 pack boxes are reusable, sturdy, consistent for stacking.

Most of my friends know I only want redhook bottles so thats usually what they bring over but if it is anything else I don't keep the bottles.

Next time you buy commercial beer for "research" go to a liquor/package store. They usually have a ton of empty boxes kickin around that they'd probably give you if you ask. Take those and throw six pack holders in them to reduce clanking.

Brickout said:
I use printer paper boxes. They hold 4, six-pack carriers perfectly!

I have a few of those yup. Any kind of box that bottles fit in I keep for that purpose. I save 6 pack holders for when I hook up friends.

milk crates are great if you can score them for free. I found that those "dorm crates" work really well, too, I can pack 30 bottles into one very nicely and they stack, etc. had a few kicking around from SWMBO and my college days.

I too use milk crates. They stack perfectly and I only need two for one five gallon batch. I find they hold 25 standard 12oz bottles.

Back