Orfy, here is your chance to watch some REAL football...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Cool. I remember watching CNN years ago and they were interviewing someone on the street in Scotland. I didn't catch any of the interview because I couldn't take my eyes off of someone in the background that was wearing a Green Bay Packer T-shirt. I thought that was cool.

mysterio said:
Isn't American Football just Rugby with 10lb of armour strapped on?

There's two differences. First, american football has this novel innovation which most Americans like to call, "The forward pass". Secondly, it's not played by leprechauns. :p

Markusface said:
Pfffft who needs all that padding, rugby players are built like tanks!
Agreed. And sure how could they even work up a decent sweat when there's like 4 different teams on a side ready to take the field at any one time depending on the phase of the moon, color of the coaches wifes' hair on the day, location of the ball relative to the man in the stripey jumper and something to do with chaos theory :)
Watched a few games, never like it - too many stoppages and no continuity - it's all one phase at a time - once the ball is thrown/caught/dropped it all stops and starts over again (same reason I don't like rugby league actually, but I could watch rugby union at any level all week long).
Also every couple of years you hear about a rugby player taking up American Football as a hobby when they retire from Rugby - never hear about it the other way around. wonder why...

Toot said:
american football has this novel innovation which most Americans like to call, "The forward pass".
Actually I think you'll find Rugby has this too, but since it makes things a bit easy they decided to make it illegal... :)

I used to play rugby and well american football is rugby light. A rugby match is like football on steriods. I used to play football too. I was a center linebacker. In football you get hit you have time to catch your breath look around get a new play talk it over strech line up and hit/get hit again. Rugby you get hit and then you better run before you get hit again.

Fish said:
I used to play rugby and well american football is rugby light. A rugby match is like football on steriods. I used to play football too. I was a center linebacker. In football you get hit you have time to catch your breath look around get a new play talk it over strech line up and hit/get hit again. Rugby you get hit and then you better run before you get hit again.

Were you a center or a linebacker? :confused:

I heard alot about rugby tailgate parties...

58660-gay-rugby---sydney-australia.jpg

Back