Oregon Fruit Products Sweet Cherry Puree

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ziggy13

Reaction score
Anyone ever use the sweet cherry puree from Oregon Fruit Products? I bought it through LD Carlson and have never used a cherry puree before. I'm planning to add it to the secondary immediately after racking, but I don't really know what to expect. I bought 3 cans, each with 49 oz in it. I plan on making a Porter and using one can, then a Cherry Lambic and a Cherry Weizen. Secondary sound like the way to go?

Add the puree to the fermenter BEFORE you rack. I've used the cherry in a saison. Very tasty

Yes. Add the fruit in secondary. I think it's easier to put the fruit in first and then rack the beer on top of it.

Adding to secondary will help maximize the fruit aromatics. If you add to primary, the CO2 from the active fermentation can scrub some of the aromatics out of the beer. If that's what you're going for, then by all means add to primary. Many brewers do that. :mug:

Back