Oregon Brewers Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the public transportation in Portland is great with the light rail (MAX) and the street car downtown you can get anywhere. It's also cool that it's only a $28.00 train ride from Seattle to Portland and I can walk to the festival from Union Station.:rockin:

I'm planning on being there. I worked the OBC booth one morning last year and spent the afternoon sampling. Missed the sign-up meetings this year. I MAX in, but my van is so tall that I have to park about a half mile from the Beaverton station.

When are you going david_42? I like the Thursday aftrnoon sessions just because the crowd is a lot smaller. I'll probably be back early on Friday and for a bit on Saturday. I'll be in Portland all weekend. We'll have to grab a beer.

I signed up for the OBC booth Sunday 12-3:30. I had been planning Saturday, but they needed coverage. I suspect this means lots of floaters before I get there. Fortunately, the IPAs go first & it's a rare one I haven't tried already. Last year, there were only a dozen brews I had not tasted before. But, that was plenty.

Well count me out. Portland's way to far for me. Plus I don't like beer anyways.

What? Why are you all looking at me that way? I was kidding!

We're going to go, I just don't know when, exactly. Thursday evening sounds like a good time to go, before the weekend hits.

Alright folks this is coming up this weekend. I'll be there when they open on Thursday, I know others are coming later but we should plan a time to all get together and drink some beers. I'm not heading back to Seattle until Sunday. We should PM contact info so that we can get a hold of each other when we are in town. (Worked great at NHC in Denver)

On a spur of the moment thing, me and the family went up and stayed at the embassy ($$$$). We caught it Saturday and left Sunday to come back down to hell. I wasn't all that impressed with too much, although the Golden Knot IPA was really good as well as Racer X and Mcminimin's Monkey house. By far my favorite was the Flying Fish Bourbon Barrel dubbel abbey. Man that was some tasty stuff. I also finally got to try Pliny the Elder...damn good stuff! My kid was being a brat though so we ended up leaving early:mad:

Dan

I was sad that the Pliny sold out on Saturday...

I only got 4 full mugs. :mug:

Was a great year, I sampled about 19 beers and liked most of them. (Almost all IPAs, no shocker there)

-D

Llarian said:
I was sad that the Pliny sold out on Saturday...

I only got 4 full mugs. :mug:

Was a great year, I sampled about 19 beers and liked most of them. (Almost all IPAs, no shocker there)

-D
yeah a ton of IPA's and wheat/summer beers. Yeah I went back for a mug of Pliny the Elder and it was out...I was upset:D

Dan

Sorry I missed you guys. I was there early Thursday and Friday. Hit a bunch of local breweries on Saturday as well as the brewer's party at the Pilsner Room Saturday afternoon. My first and last beer at the festival was Pliny. Also LOVED the Galena Single Hop Pale from Boundary Bay!

my !@#$!@#$ job kept me from going this year... I'm one sad panda about that! Next year I'm going and I'm trying that !@#$ pliny!! (and any other IPA, IIPA, Russian Imperial Stout and Barleywine I can get my grubby hands on!) When is it so I can say I've had my request for time off up for a year and I won't feel bad telling them to stuff it, calling in and going to this mecca of beer. (you'd think with perfect attendance one day wouldn't hurt, oh yeah, the next for the inevitable hangover) I just have got to know! I havn't been to ONE beer festival at all this year... I've heard of 5 so far and it's KILLING ME!!! So hard to get thursdays through sundays off... :(

Jobs can really cut into one's advocation. The Racer X wasn't quite what I remember, but I had a pint anyway.

Originally posted by Grimsawyer
When is it so I can say I've had my request for time off up for a year and I won't feel bad telling them to stuff it, calling in and going to this mecca of beer.

Always the last full weekend in July. Get that notice in now!

Back