or not growing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
This is pathetic! Two frosts in a row, snow down to 800 ft. The ground temperature is 45F, which is two degrees LOWER than three weeks ago! Believe it or not, this is my five year-old Cascade plant.

IMG_5212.JPG

10-4 on the weather. No frost down here, but we went from severe drought 2 years ago to almost constant rain for six months. Good luck with them.

Sounds like my season last year... Here in Chicago we had a late spring and a very cool summer (very comfy but not great for gardening). This year we had the warmest April ever on record and I haven't had a frost since the first week of April, a full month before the almanac indicates is last frost date. Our average daily temp in April was ~10 degrees higher than last year.

Our temps have been generally higher than normal this spring and my cascades are ahead of schedule. SO I'm expecting a hard frost any day now...

Frost warning for us in Corvallis tonight, too. I've been thinking about getting some rhizomes if they have any at CBS. Of course, I could probably just drive to Fresh Hops. :)

Guess I'll still have time to plant, assuming spring ever decides to show up. I'm tired of having to light a fire at night to keep the house from freezing!

They look healthier than mine david. I cleared all bines two weeks ago and the few that I selected from the new growth are just being trellised. All I can say is RDWHAHB. You do seem to have something go wrong every year though. Good luck!

Back