Opinions/Questions About Anvil Foundry 10.5 Gallon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NobleNewt

Noble Newt
Reaction score
Hello all! I've been doing quite a bit of research on going to electric brewing. I re-started the hobby a couple of years ago, and I've been working off of a Polar Ware kettle and my old trusty Bayou Burner. Living in Texas renders parts of the year (read summer) uncomfortable to brew outside.

Originally, I was going to go with a BYO BIAB system from High Gravity, but once I found the Anvil, I figured why spend the money to do a bunch of work when I can spend half the money and get something engineered by Blichmann?

Perhaps my biggest question is what people are doing to ferment in the Foundry.. Yes.. I want to keep temperatures high as I use almost exclusively Omega's Voss Kveik. What are those of you doing to ferment in the Foundry? Transferring to carboy, cleaning the Foundry, transferring back? Leaving the trub in and pitching yeast? (See Brulosophy exbeeriment before you cuss me on that.) What modifications are you making to the lid to allow for an airlock?

Finally, do you use a bag or just use the basket? What kind of efficiencies are you getting (both would be helpful). I've gotten typically about 90% mash efficiency using my current BIAB setup.. Hate to lose that (even though malt is cheap), but also don't want to deal with stuck sparges.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Your questions and much, much more are already answered in this thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/anvil-foundry-all-grain-brewing-system.666090/
tl;dwtr

Lid has silicone gasket and hole for the pump already. Get a bung, airlock and clamp down the lid, done. Advisement of whether you should do this or not, varies.

Efficiency..lots of opinions on how people are tackling with all in one systems in general, especially brewhouse. You'll just have to experiment and figure out what works for you.

Your questions and much, much more are already answered in this thread.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/anvil-foundry-all-grain-brewing-system.666090/
tl;dwtr

Lid has silicone gasket and hole for the pump already. Get a bung, airlock and clamp down the lid, done. Advisement of whether you should do this or not, varies.

Efficiency..lots of opinions on how people are tackling with all in one systems in general, especially brewhouse. You'll just have to experiment and figure out what works for you.

Thanks. I'll browse through that.

Back