OOOPS Lager at Room Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OatStraw

Reaction score
I messed up. I have a Munich Dunkel I'm making right now and racked to secondary last night and realized "OH Crud this is a lager". Call it a 2 week brain fart. What are my options. The gravity reading was correct and had actually reach final gravity (per instructions.) Have I ruined this brew?

It will be fine. I recently messed up on a munich dunkel, I did not turn on the fermentation chamber and primary fermentation took place at 70F.

It was a roasty dunkel with a lot of roasted barley, behind the roast flavor there was a tiny ale flavor. Not clean like a lager but not bad either.

Did you bring down the temp during secondary (if you did a secondary) or leave it at 70F. Currently I've left it at 70 since I assume the damage has been done.

I did bring down the the temp during secondary, I basically lagered it a 0F for a couple of months. It did seem to clean the flavor a little.

Back