Online - free shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbrewing

Reaction score
Live in Hawaii and am limited to a local brew shop for ingredients. Anyone know where I can buy a brew kit that has free shipping or flat rate shipping under $10 to Hawaii?

Live in Hawaii and am limited to a local brew shop for ingredients. Anyone know where I can buy a brew kit that has free shipping or flat rate shipping under $10 to Hawaii?

Often you can get Coopers complete kits for $30 w/free shipping.

I buy most of my supplies at our LHBS. Usually shipping makes it a better deal. But there are some grains Mike doesn't carry. Then I buy from MidWest, and have it shipped USPS. After checking the shipping costs I begin to add small light items like hops and yeast till the shipping jumps. Then I back that last item and make my purchase.

Using the Post Office to ship I pay something like $6.50 for the first step, $10.50 for the next.

I know northern brewer and brew masters warehouse have 7 or 8 dollar flat rate shipping, check it out it might be to hawaii too.

Thanks I'll check out Midwest. Priority mail through them for a brew kit is roughly $27 to hawaii, priority mail. Do they send parcel post to get shipping cost lower? To you 6.50 to 10.00 target.

Thanks I'll check out Midwest. Priority mail through them for a brew kit is roughly $27 to hawaii, priority mail. Do they send parcel post to get shipping cost lower? To you 6.50 to 10.00 target.

I've never bought a kit from them. The weight of the extract will kill you. Post office priorty mail is the best bet for lighter packs. I just ordered 1/2 lb of smoked malt, 2 oz of hops and I think 4 packs of dry yeast total shipping was something like $6.50 + the items I bought.

Cheapest kits are gong to be Coopers from Mike or Coopers' from Amazon when they offer free shipping.

Time to move on to extract w/steeping grains to save some money. Not any more difficult or equipment needed.

Back