Online Canadian Equipment supplier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJ-Bill

Reaction score
Anyone know of any good site to Buy some equipment in Canada?

Thanks

Canada, Eh?

blogo2.jpg

I'm not aware of any, if you find one though be sure to post!

Austin Homebrew will ship USPS to Canada if you request it in the comments (select in store pickup as the shipping type). Customs from only Canada Post is pretty cheap. I've found from past experience that it only takes a few days longer with USPS than UPS - and it's much cheaper.

Canadian online HBS are pretty scarce.

La Cachette du Bootlegger from montreal will ship.

I'm still trying to convince Dan's Homebrewing in Vancouver (beermaking.ca) to start mail order again. He says it's simply too much work for him, although he has thought of maybe doing it once a month. Maybe if he knew there was enough interest he'd be more willing.

I have found this

New Page 1

Thanks

I've emailed them a few times with questions and always got replies and he was helpful. Haven't ordered anything yet, but may in the future.

Expert Brewer's - Canada's Number One Source for Homebrew Beer Making Supplies

As for these guys, i emailed and never got a response. Says on their site they've been having problems, so not sure what's up. Was hoping to place an order...but i'll wait for now until i get a response.

I've emailed many US online supply places, and only a handful will ship to canada.....with the dollar these days, not sure if it'd be worth it...i inquired when it was about par...and should of pulled the triggar then, but didn't. Now its not so much a great deal...:mad:

I too e-mailed expertbrewers a while ago and never got a response, which kind of put me off. I'll wait to see if others have a good experience with them before pulling the trigger.

If their email isn't working they would never know you emailed. Has anyone tried another method of contacting them?

If their email isn't working they would never know you emailed. Has anyone tried another method of contacting them?

As far as i know, there's no other way to contact. When you go to the 'contact us' part, its all email. Unless there's a way to contact through registering and 'logging in', haven't tried that, but there's no phone number or anything on the site.

Glad i'm not the only one having a problem....thought it might have been my email...

I even checked Ebay and about 95% of the products listed are all in the US. I plan on buying as much as possible from my LHBS but I'd like to know if I'm getting a good price and I'm not really willing to pay alot extra because they're they only people locally that sell something. Since I'm mainly concerned with Equipment rigth now homebrew-supplies.ca seems to be the best place I've found so far with the most selection.

I did find another larger US site that shipped to Can no problem but with the exchange rate and Duty it's hardly worth it.

Hey Bill, not sure what you're looking for, but have you checked out the Co-op? just down from your work....They're pretty decently priced for equipment and stuff, just need to be a member, or find someone that is. Another member on here told me about it. Heck, even Zellers have some minor stuff..caps, starter kits, carboys, few other things. Prices are not the same as homebrew shops in the US but they're much easier to just go grab when locally.

I've been looking for some Red Star Montrachet yeast locally, nobody has it and can't get it...very weird...So my only option is online.....Expertbrewer seems to be the only one that has it...last time i checked homebrew-supplies.ca didn't have it.....and of course, Expertbrewer is sold out at this time......its never easy..

I'm looking for stuff to get my kegs setup.. Taps , fittings stuff like that.

I ordered from them yesterday. They're in Brampton, I'm in London. A check with Canada Post this morning showed that the 5Star 5.2 Ph Stabilizer I order and a couple of fittings are out for delivery. Next day shipping!

I ordered yeast from them a few weeks back. Took about 2 weeks to get my order all told. Aparently, he don't read his orders everyday or that he has to buy somewhere else and then ship out. I beleive he is a home based business.

I deal with Todd here Skinaney Brewing Supplies and with Noble Grape - Urban Winery. Both are great.

I was just at Noble Grape and bought a few things and another batch of Beer.. I talked to him about ordering equpiment. The guy told me that they don't stock much at this location but If I wanted to Call Halifax I could order directly from them or he could order it for me and get it shipped to him and he'll call when it arrives. I think for the little amount of stuff I need I'll go this route.

I find the prices are abit more then I've seen online but for the convienence it's a small price..

Another thumbs up for both homebrew-supplies.ca and simgo.com. I have dealt with both and they seem really good equipment suppliers (although Simgo has a HORRIBLE website and online catalog).

...although Simgo has a HORRIBLE website and online catalog...
You've got that right. They're just down the street from my office so I tend to drop in there when I need something. Pretty cool warehouse if you like beer and bar stuff. :) On the rare occasion you can pick up a corny cheap too.

Yup. You basically just have to call up and talk to the guys at Simgo and tell them what you want.

For specialized stuff I've bought most from morebeer.com as they ship USPS. If you're close to a border you can order from many places with cheap shipping too (bought three blichmann pots for $8 shipping from NorthernBrewer.com and had them shipped to a NY address).

Kal

Latest posts

Back