Online brew supply-free shipping?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebaynote

Reaction score
Hello all-
Just curious if you know of any good online spots that offer free shipping? Thanks in advance.

You still have to check around...
Sometimes companies raise prices and offer free or reduced shipping...
MoreBeer Rocks!

Nothing is free...

Pay $2.00+/lb for grain with free shipping

OR pay $1.50/lb or less for grain with flat rate shipping

Your choice, but you pay for it, somewhere...

You are best off finding a store with LOW prices and REASONABLE shipping.

I have purchased plenty of malt and supplies from vendors WITHOUT free shipping, and saved much more than I would have at the FREE SHIPPING stores, FWIW.

Don't forget nonsensical shipping.

Morebeer:
50 lb bag 2-row 32.50$ shipping 36$ (68.50 total)
50x 1 lb 2-row 62$ + free shipping (62$ total)

Best idea is to shop around and go to the checkout and check your total + shipping and pick the lowest place.

Don't forget nonsensical shipping.

Morebeer:
50 lb bag 2-row 32.50$ shipping 36$ (68.50 total)
50x 1 lb 2-row 62$ + free shipping (62$ total)

Best idea is to shop around and go to the checkout and check your total + shipping and pick the lowest place.

Exactly, if something is "free" be suspect.

Brewmasters Warehouse:

50lbs 2-Row ($1.15/lb) = 57.52
PLUS Shipping (flat rate) = 6.99

Total : $64.51

So, is FREE shipping, really free?

OR you can buy 50lbs locally in the sack for $40... that is the only REAL FREE shipping.

I wish I lived closer to a Malter or distributer like some of you guys. My last sack of 2-row was $55 US and the Dingemans Belgian Pils I just finished was $68 IIRC.

I've schemed for hours over this very sore subject... I think if 4 #55 sacks from MidCountry are ordered and the estimated FedEx shipping is correct- then I could get #210 for about a $0.78 a pound. No way can I do a pallet.I'll have to revisit this soon.

Otherwise I haven't truly found a "shipping free" source unless I drive across town to the LHBS.

http://www.brewmasterswarehouse.com/

Seems like they are nice guys but they are expensive even with the current special:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f41/brewmasters-warehouse-open-91473/

Radtek-
are there any brew pubs in San Antonio? FWIW, I chatted up the owner of a brewpub when I was in Myrtle Beach and walked away with a 50lb sack of 2-row for $45 (a little high, but no shipping!)

Several are owned by one guy. I was shot down after I approached them. He happens to be friends with the owner of the oldest LHBS in the city (formerly the ONLY LHBS until recently) AFAIK. I might try the other.

Just the way it is here I'm afraid. A group buy would be optimal, but I just don't have the time to attend very many club meets so I don't really know many folks who brew here.

Large volume distributors can afford free shipping due to contracts with shipping companies like ups or fedex. They get volume rates. aside from that they make their money in high volume not high margin, so their prices are generally lower.

Free Shipping drives traffic and increases sales volumes which is what allows them to afford free shipping.

Back