One year!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dougan

Reaction score
Don't remember the exact date, but it was mid-august last year that I started brewing with my first extract kit from the LHBS. I asked a million questions here, freaked out, and ended up with great beer.

In the past year, I've:
-brewed 21 5 gallon batches
-brewed 8 or so all-grain batches
-learned a breathtaking quantity of information about beer and brewing
-invested in three buckets, a better bottle, 22 qt pot, picnic cooler lauter tun, keggle, outdoor burner, kegerator, 2 corny kegs, and a wealth of smaller brewing supplies
-Created a collection of 8 of my favorite yeast strains
-filled one closet, three drawers, and a corner of my garage with brewing ingredients/supplies.
-gained the ability to know when the local brewery is brewing from miles away based on smell
-gained a preference to hoppy beers
-learned that my brewing limitations fall short at hop gardening

Most impressively, though, the first time I brewed I was extremely uptight, scared, and clueless. Now, I can brew confidently while partaking in some of my favorite homebrews.

Anyway, thanks to all, for your tips, answers, and advice to "RDWHAHB".

I think the point where you get a pretty solid stash of beers is a great moment. When you can have friends over and you have 5 or 6 beers to let them sample. I've been brewing for about 6 months now I'd say, so I'm getting closer.

i kinda had that happen last night...

I've got commercial: New Glarus - Spotted Cow, Bell's - Oberon, Lagunitas - IPA

and of course my homebrews that are listed in my sig

Back