One week in San Diego...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishrunner

Reaction score
I'm out from the East coast, staying near Torrey Pines this week for work but my evenings are gonna be free. If you could visit 5 breweries in the area, where would you go? I'm planning on hitting White Labs tasting room and the Lost Abbey Confessional but other than that I'm up for suggestions.

lived there for 20 years. Ballast Point for sure. they have three breweries and the little Italy and Miramar sites are restaurants also. Awesome food. Stone is another great one. Go to the one in san diego, the Escondido one is a bit far but if you want to tour the actual brewery that's the one. Modern Times in the sports arena are is pretty good too. One last one is Coronado Brewery out on Coronado island. Have fun. I'm jealous.

Green Flash Brewing Company! See if you can find a bottle of their Trippel... or a Road Warrior Rye PA...

I was just there on vacation last week to visit my best friend. The ones we liked were Alesmith, Stone, Belching Beaver, Fall, Rip Current and Coronado. Green Flash was closed ( we went on a Monday our bad ). Still a ton more that we missed. Belching Beaver, Fall and Rip Current are all within walking distance of each other which was nice.

I like the smaller breweries.... Duckfoot, intergalactic, second chance, society. Can't go wrong with ballast point, stone, alesmith or green flash. Cellar 3 as mentioned is good for sours (and 5 min from me). White labs as a homebrewer is fun, the beer is average. They give you a flight of an identical beer except the yeast.

We have over 100 breweries, you can't go wrong. Just take a drive down Miramar and you can't throw a rock without hitting a brewery.

I'll definitely hit Ballast Point but I'm drawn to the smaller ones. Intergalactic and society are probables. Also Belching Beaver, fall and rip current since they're all together. Great recommendations folks!

Back