One Step in beer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellphoto

Reaction score
Ok, I think I may have F'd up. I sanitized my kegs with about 32 oz of One Step and shook them up. I dump them out right before filling them with beer but I may have forgotten to do that this time. My question is whether or not to dump this batch. Is about 32 oz of one step solution enough destroy a 5 gal keg of beer?

Did this effect the beer? I made a similar mistake today when transferring wine!!

Ha! Per the company ... Not to worry; your wine is fine. I would doublecheck your sulfite if you can, because the One Step will consume some of it. If you don't have an easy way to check sulfite levels, simply add 1/8 tsp of potassium metabisulfite (dissolved in a few ounces of water). That should be plenty to cover what the One Step consumed without going overboard.

I have heard of situations far, far worse than this and the wine came out with no problems, so I am certain that all is well.

Back