One of The Best Weekends Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkewedBrewing

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I was visiting my old college stomping grounds at OU this past weekend and I was completely blown away by the prices of beer there.

First thing we do when we get into town was hit up a bar called Cat's Eye, I order a pitcher of Miller Light for some of the guys... $2.50!

I order a Stella bottle... $2.50!

I order a Magic Hat #9 draft... $2.50 in a full pint-glass!

Then I order a Miller Light bottle, as you may have guessed it was the same price.

Only on a college campus like Ohio University's can any beer from any country distributed by any given company be the same price across the board.

It was awesome...

Sweet, I love finding cheap beer and when it's good that is even better.

I use to live by this bar that had a great happy hour every day, but specifically on Wednsday it was even better.

I went there with some friends, my buddy walks up to the bar ask:

Friends: what specials do you have?
Bar tender: $1.50 pitchers
Friends says: oh $1.50 pints, that's pretty good
Bar Tender: No! $1.50 pitchers
Friend: turns around to us and says "how many do you want?"

Oh it was great and to top it off they were having a wet t-shirt contest that night...... I was single at the time of course.

Nothing beats a cheap bar with a good beer selection. They just opened a new Irish pub type place a couple minutes from my office that does a happy hour 2-for-1 from 4 to 7 that actually includes the quality beers. Had two pints of Bell's Oberon for $4.50 - needless to say, we'll be going back often.

:rockin:

My friend if you visited Athens for the first time in a coupe years and drank BMC you MISSED what that place has become. What year did you graduate? My old grounds as well. The craft beer scene there now is awesome!

I graduated in 07. I actually helped Jackie O's with their first recipe.

I can totally agree with what the craft beer scene is like down there now, its completely different after being away for only 2-3 years, let alone any longer...

I was visiting my old college stomping grounds at OU this past weekend and I was completely blown away by the prices of beer there.

I order a pitcher of Miller Light for some of the guys... $2.50!

Then I order a Miller Light bottle, as you may have guessed it was the same price.

Same product, different delivery, different volume. same price. I'd go for the pitcher.

no happy hour in Alaska. In fact you can only get beers above 5.5 in a 8oz glass for the same price as a 16.

Back