one little EAC question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee John

Swing the BIG hammer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So about 10pm I set out on a journey to find the meaning of life... ah, er... I mean EAC. I found said meaning at about 10:30 pm. I kept on reading, cause damn that's funny stuff. It's now 1:30AM It's my guess that EAC will be bestowed when it's time, by someone who feels it's necessary. One question: other than the enjoyment of watching a noob search for the answer, why isn't this topic a sticky somewhere? My gut still hurts! That has got to be some of the best comedic material ever.

I can see a new character in "pick a sitcom" modeled after makingitgood.

40,000 writers on strike and all Leno has to do is read one thread for a full weeks worth of material.

Seabee John said:
other than the enjoyment of watching a noob search for the answer, why isn't this topic a sticky somewhere?

Firsrtly, it's the joy of watching the new guys squirm. Secondly, it irks new guys just enough that they actually have to make use of the site's search function meaning.

Thirdly, and the main reason, is that until you've wondered, searched, found and laughed the term EAC is just another acronym rather than an elusive badge of honor.

Well, one of the reasons I don't tell is because I think I was a bit behind all that. I think if you read that before "knowing" us, you'd think we really were a bunch of EACs. Instead, you know us and our tolerance level as well as our abililty to have fun.

Besides, it's very EAC to not have to explain EAC, isn't it?

Seabee John said:
One question: other than the enjoyment of watching a noob search for the answer, why isn't this topic a sticky somewhere?

Sometimes enlightenment comes not from the goal but the path traveled to goal.

Personally, when the whole thing unfolded I thought it was pretty childish on just about everyone's part. Frankly I think it should have died a long time ago.

But that's just me and I'm pretty sure there will be a whole mess of people who disagree. The line starts to the left, please.

kornkob said:
Personally, when the whole thing unfolded I thought it was pretty childish on just about everyone's part.

But isn't that the whole point? Seriously, even though that guy was a turd he's left his mark on the HomeBrewtalk community. The fact that people embrace, rather than deride, EAC is pretty neat.

Then again, irony and my sardonic sense of humor are the only reason I wake in the morning, so I especially appreciate it .:)

kornkob said:
Personally, when the whole thing unfolded I thought it was pretty childish on just about everyone's part. Frankly I think it should have died a long time ago.

But that's just me and I'm pretty sure there will be a whole mess of people who disagree. The line starts to the left, please.
What a terribly EAC thing to say. I think you just earned your wings! ;)

Latest posts

Back