one keg pouring much faster than the other two

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heavyfoot

Reaction score
hi guys,

ive got three corny kegs in my keezer all hooked up to the same regulator through a three way manifold. one of the kegs is pretty much shooting out of the cobra tap while the other two pour fine. they all have the same length and i/d serving line.

any idea what could be causing the one keg to pour so fast?

Is it a new keg? It may still be fermenting a bit, which can build up a lot of pressure. Try pulling the relief valve (after disconnecting the CO2).

I've noticed the output tube inside the keg can vary in ID. One I cleaned today Firestone Pepsi Champion was bigger ID tube than the 2 kegs I cleaned earlier this week Champion VI and I forget the name on the other.

The two that pour normally, can you draw several beers in a row with no slowdown? Had a friend convert his kegerator to a double (both sankey) and the gasket on one mostly blocked the gas in so it would pour but then taper off as pressure dropped. Is this the case? If so you may have an obstruction somewhere.

Are your QD's securely fastened? If you swap the gas in qd's to the other kegs, does the problem follow? Same for beer out lines. Divide and conquor.

Latest posts

Back