One Happy Camper

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
Ohh! fellers I have followed the same system for over 20 years but after finding this forum I adopted the 1-2-3 system. Actually the beer gets to mature in the bottle for at least 4 weeks.

I always made great beer albeit from Supermarket kits. But I adopted the secondary clearing method and the results are absolutly fabulous. It took a while to find out as the temperatures were low and the beer took a while to condition, but now we are back in the warm weather the beer conditions fast.

I still prime each bottle as I cannot find a reason not to and bottle both Stubbies and long necks.

I just opened two bottles of 4 weeks of a lager and the result is absolutly tops. To top it off an Aussie mate who really likes a good beer tried it although he had some reservations. Anyway he brought a 6 pack to have a drink with me and left with a few bottles of my brew in exchange. He as asked me to help him make his own.

Believe me this is the best compliment I have been paid and as I opened each bottle and poured the beer leaving a inch of foam on each glass with a lively carbonation. Just watching this guy supping the brew and his comments after well! he will tell our other mates. We did open a couple of his favourite brew he bought and although very good Aussie beer(VB) he said he now has a new favourite. I did not tell him it was a cheap Supermarket brand.

Well it would not be that good if I did not get the drum from this forum.

Now each time I enjoy my beer I will say a silent thankyou to you all that taught an old dog new tricks.

Back