One BIG lesson I learned after my first batch...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thirdeye

Reaction score
Its your first batch. You're so excited. With an air of superiority, you tell all your friends, "So, Im brewing my own beer now. Yeah, got the first batch in the fermenter right now". Friend says, "Sweet bro! You'll have to let me try a sample when its ready". You idiotically reply, "Right on bro. I'll bring you a few bottles.."

Sound familiar? Well, you have this conversation with, oh 3 or 4 people and guess what? YOU'VE GIVEN AWAY ALMOST HALF YOUR BREW!!!:mad:

Dont let this happen to you! Do yourself a favor and KEEP IT A SECRET!!:D

That's when you update your friends with "this batch isn't too good, I'll let you know when I have one that is"...

Soulive said:
That's when you update your friends with "this batch isn't too good, I'll let you know when I have one that is"...

Genius. :mug:

Thirdeye said:
Its your first batch. You're so excited. With an air of superiority, you tell all your friends, "So, Im brewing my own beer now. Yeah, got the first batch in the fermenter right now". Friend says, "Sweet bro! You'll have to let me try a sample when its ready". You idiotically reply, "Right on bro. I'll bring you a few bottles when its ready."

Sound familiar? Well, you have this conversation with, oh 3 or 4 people and guess what? YOU'VE GIVEN AWAY ALMOST HALF YOUR BREW!!!:mad:

Dont let this happen to you! Do yourself a favor and KEEP IT A SECRET!!:D

Within a year you'll have homebrew stacked to the ceiling and throwing parties to get rid of it just so you can brew more.

Its a great hobby!

:mug:

Beerthoven said:
Within a year you'll have homebrew stacked to the ceiling and throwing parties to get rid of it just so you can brew more.

Its a great hobby!

:mug:

I agree. I'm at the point where I look for reasons to brew. I invite people to hit my taps so I can refill them with something new. Good times...

So far its not happening at my house either....Well, half true...A ton of people show up with coors light, bud light, and miller...Then they drink a keg of my dead guy ale in one night and leave there beer....So Ive got krap beer stacked to the ceiling :(

splat said:
So far its not happening at my house either....Well, half true...A ton of people show up with coors light, bud light, and miller...Then they drink a keg of my dead guy ale in one night and leave there beer....So Ive got krap beer stacked to the ceiling :(

Give it to the dog, then keep the bottles. Everyone wins.

Thirdeye said:
Give it to the dog, then keep the bottles. Everyone wins.

Good idea...too bad you cant cap BMC bottles... :(

Arrog@nt B@st@rd said:
I just CANNOT foresee this happening at my house...:D :drunk:

Just before Christmas I had 144 22oz and 96 12oz (16 cases) all full, stacked up in the kitchen. I gave out a bunch for Christmas, but I am sill looking for a storage soulution.

splat said:
Good idea...too bad you cant cap BMC bottles... :(

the new aluminum bottles that bud does are capped, not twist off. in a pinch i would think that you could use those bottles if properly sanitized.

not to mention it would be the first time BMC had good beer in one of their bottles:drunk:

Back