On the wall brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay8s

Reaction score
I have been brewing for 4-5 years now, and the time has come to get a set up that is not hodge podged together. With my lack of good space in my garage, I am going to be building my three tier on the wall. There is a lot of prep work to do with this project. I will be keeping this as a log so I get it done...read my motivation is you... Any input/questions are welcome.

plans or drawings? How will putting the stand on the wall reduce the space it will occupy?

NWAleDad said:
plans or drawings? How will putting the stand on the wall reduce the space it will occupy?

If a guy designs it right, you should be able to hinge each tier so that it folds (nearly) flat when not in use.

I have some drawings that I need to clean up some, but basically it will be two shelves mounted to the 2X4 wall studs. I will have Hot water on top, Mash tun in the middle, then boil pot on the floor. This will not be for my 10 gallon system, which I am getting rid of, but it will be for my 2-3 gallon system. This will basically make the brewery 6 feet tall, by 24 inches wide. I will have to do some work to deal with the heat from having a burner 4-5 feet off the floor, but out side of that it should be a nice compact little system. I will up the plans later tonight or tomorrow.

Back