OMG I got the DEAL OF THE CENTURY!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
We've all seen the, 'oh look what I stumbled across for next to nothing' posts. It's always someone else ... till today.

A craft beer bottle shop in Hattiesburg MS, The Brew Kettle, started carrying homebrew supplies the week before Christmas. I live almost an hour away but go to Hattiesburg monthly and dropped by there today. In their rush to have supplies by Christmas they didn't have everything 'set up' yet. First of all the base malt prices were GREAT! I've got a Dunkel & Rauchbier planned and put in my order for 10 lbs each Pils & Dk Munich malts. Then I ordered 17# Marris Otter/Pale Malt 50:50 blend. The guy was taking a while in the back. Turns out he didn't have a scale and was digging out grain by the cup. He winds up giving me basically 3 half full or more sacks of grain. I walked out with at least 65, maybe 90 lbs of grain and paid for 37. I offered to pay him more and tried to tip him. He refused and told me to just come back. I added a bucket fermenter & lid, 2 oz Hallertau hops, 1# malt extract, 10 bottles of beer including Westmalle Dbl, Saison Dupont, & a local barrel aged baltic porter Raggana by Southern Prohibition for a total of $102.

sounds like he was dabbling in the home-brew supply market and realized there isn't much margin there. It will be interesting to see if he is still carrying supplies a few months from now.

Nice score though!

Back