Omega Yeast Labs DIPA ale yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTerp

Reaction score
Brewed Farmhouse Brewing supplies Heady Topper clone recently (2 weeks in the bottle and it's coming along nicely!!). Instead of using the included Omega Yeast Labs DIPA yeast, I used some Conan yeast that I built up from a few cans of the real Heady Topper. Wondering what I could use the Omega yeast in? Its supposedly actual Conan yeast, but I'm not really sure? I like the fruity/sweet profile it gives and like my pales and IPA's with that sort of sweet/fruity hoppiness. What would this yeast work well in, or what have you guys used it in that you liked? Thanks!!

I didn't feel that the Omega yeast was close to Conan. Wasn't as fruity. Was actually pretty clean. Maybe I need to ferment a bit cooler next time though. I was at ~66 for the entire fermentation. But that's just my experience with it.

Thanks!!

I keep my heady at about 60-62. Not sure if the temperature or the fact that it was actual Conan kept the profile as expected.

I'll probably just brew up a simple pale or IPA with some citra hops. If the Omega yeast runs pretty clean I'll still get some of the fruity hop character from the citra.

Latest posts

Back