Omega Tropical IPA Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kricks111

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used this yeast? What temperature did you ferment? I tried and fermented at 80 degrees, which is in the recommended range (75-85) and I did get a fruity flavor, but something is off. I was wondering if 75 would be better? Or, would I get poor attenuation going to the extreme of the temperature range?

I guess I just can’t explain it. I’m not the best at describing beer, flavors, palate, etc... I’m all about a tropical IPA and I really want to find a good IPA yeast. I’m going to try this one a few more times at different temps. I’ll figure it all out. I was just wondering if others have used it at different temps with good results

No worries. I've found that the best way to get maximum flavor out of it is to stress it a bit. However, you might try mashing higher? It's also a fantastic yeast for co-pitching.

Back