Omega bayern lager yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burnsie8791

Reaction score
Im planning to do an oktober fest this Friday and am using Omega Bayern lager yeast for the first time. I know some quys that have used it at ale temps for lagers and had no issues. Just wondering since this yeast is so versatile and quick to take off if I need to do a 2l started like I normally would with a lager yeast.

How did it go? What temp are you fermenting this. I brew german lagers pretty much exclusively and moved to this yeast as I'm intrigued about it being the Augustiner yeast. But, I've read on some German-oriented brew boards that this yeast requires a "warmer" lager ferment. I'm targeting 10.5 degree C (51 degree F) as a fermentation temp (vs. the normal "colder" ferment temp of 9 degree C)?

I’m nearing the end of my diacytel rest and it was my first time using this yeast. Also my first lager in general. I’m seeing an 80% attenuation going into the 2nd day of rest. This was after fermenting at 54• F for 14 days.

Latest posts

Back