Old Solid Brass Perlick Tap Tower

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falcon3

Reaction score
Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I just picked up a CO2 tank, sankey tap, and regulator on CL. They seller threw in this old tower. It's pretty beat up, but I found out it's solid brass and Perlick brand from Milwaukee. It looks pretty old. It's a 3" diameter.

What should I do with it? I'm thinking about restoring the brass, but the old faucet seems pretty beat up. Pretty sure there's no gaskets left in the thing.

Anybody have experience with these old Perlick towers/taps? should I rebuild it and use it or try to get rid of it on CL and get something with a new Perlick faucet online?

Any help is appreciated.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

I have two chrome plated dual towers, they were pretty rough when I first got my hands on them, but they polished up very nicely. I am not using the faucets that came with them, so I replaced them with some newer prelick 525SS faucets.

you can polish it up and make it look good and use it, or sell it. really its up to you, but I'd rebuilt the faucet if your going to use the one it came with.

-=Jason=-

Polish it up with some BKF, replace the faucet with a tarnish free brass plated stainless perlick.

Got a 525 ordered! Also picked up a glass-front wine fridge with adjustable temp. Hopefully it'll make a classy kegerator. I'll post some pics when I get it all finished. Thanks for the advice!

Back