Old School

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whippy

Reaction score
You all know the tune. Who's the ****in-ist?

A -Run DMC
B - LL Cool J
C - Eric B and Rakim
D - Beastie Boys

Meet me on Flat St., my mains :ban:

I'm votin' DMC with number "A" That's the beat. It's always been. :)

I have to go with older school:

Flash & the Furious Five
Afrika Bambaataa
Kurtis Blow
Kool Moe Dee

Love, Life, Live!

Beastie Boys, but I love me some Jam On It too.

Sadly, I have to admit, that I'm hard for Eminem right now. His last album has some def jams, yo. I don't care. Be a hater.

So listen up 'cause you can't say nothin'
You'll shut me down with a push of your button?
But yo I'm out and I'm gone
I'll tell you now I keep it on and on

Sugarhill Gang. The answer you were looking for is Sugarhill Gang.

From the original list, I have to go with Beastie Boys. I'm the illest mutha****a from here to Gardena.

Paid in Full, Follow the Leader, and Let the Rhythm Hit Em were awesome albums.

I have The singles Paid In Full and Let The Rhythem Hit Em on my phone.

I'm glad that Paid In Full didn't get killed by the Turtles vs De La Soul lawsuit like so many old school songs did with unauthorized sampling.

While RUN DMC and Erik B were without a doubt hip-hop pioneers, for my money Slick Rick and Special Ed were the most amazing 20th Century rappers.

All I have to hear is the first couple seconds of "A Children's Story" and I'm already bobbing my head. As for Special Ed, in "I got it made" he claims that "when my dishes got dirty, I got Cascade" and goes on much further down the verse to rhyme this with "they [those who would seek to approach him with malice aforethough] couldnt harm me <pause> I have an army brigade." This is punctuated in the video by the representation of said ruffian fleeing from about 3 other guys... one one whom is holding a rolled up newspaper.

Any argument is invalid.

I forgot all about Public Enemy, 2 Live Crew....The Fat Boys!! :ban:

This IS the drunkard forum and I was raging pretty hard when I posted, so that's my excuse! LMAO!!

Let's bring it back to that vintage Slim, *****
The art of MCing mixed with da Vinci and MC Ren
And I don't mean Stimpy's friend, *****
Been public enemy since you thought PE was gym, *****

Ah, someone beat me to PE. And no love for Doug E. Fresh?

And on Saturdays from noon to 3:00, check out the streaming audio at wmse.org because they do the "Saturday Afternoon Boogie Bang" show, which is 3 hours of old school stuff like this, with some old funk and R&B thrown in.

I also have The Show and La-De-Da-De by Slick Rick and Dougie Fresh on my phone. I'm surprised they were never sued for ripping off the Inspector Gadget theme song.

In other news, Dr Dre says he is now a billionaire. Just goes to show, you need to stay in school and get that PhD in mixology.

Back