Old Apfelwein???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

GraniteRiverBrewing

Reaction score
I have a friend that wanted a batch of apfelwein...I made it for him in February..He never bottled it and it went through a hot summer. Maybe 100 or 110 degree's or more. He still has it in a 6 gallon better bottle. What do you think. Is it still good? Friggin idiot!!!

Reaction score
I see that you are kinda new here...>WELCOM!

You will always find that the answer to this question...especially with Apfelwein....is try it. I'd love to have some 7 month old apfelwein.....OH Wait....I DO!

Non still in a carboy that is that old...but it's fine.
go Get it from him...and keep it.

eschatz

Reaction score
I've got some 8 month in a keg right now! :D i think it just mellows out and gets better over time. damn it's smooth now! listen to BK. :mug:

OP
G

GraniteRiverBrewing

Reaction score
Thank you...I've personally make 6 or 7 batches of Apfelwein. My friend loved it and wanted me to make a batch for him. I spoke with him last week and he said that he's done nothin with it. I told him I'll take it and friggin keg it. I just wanted to know if it's still good.

So it still should be good if it was under very hot conditions??

OP
G

GraniteRiverBrewing

Reaction score
Well, I'm thinking that we started it in february. March,April May. It probably didn't start getting hot till June...Maybe I'll be all right..

EvilTOJ

Reaction score
I know this is an overused cliche around here, but tell him it's ruined, and you'll take it home for disposal. As you load it into your car.

Bulls Beers

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well It's not good. It has a rubbing alcohol smell and doesn't have much of a taste...That sucks. I have to start a batch tomorrow. If anybody has any Apfelwein available and lives near Boston, I'll take a couple of bottles off your hands till mine is bottled. About a month...:D

A whole batch down the drain... Jeez...Remind me never to let a friend take a batch home to ruin...