Oktoberfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandtrepair

Reaction score
Brewed an Oktoberfest earlier and kegged it. Tried it here for the first time a few days ago. Hit all my numbers perfect and fermented out perfect. (Brewed 3 batches of this at 3 different days and all turned out the same) used lager yeast and did the whole lagering process. Can't complain there but the after taste of this is strange. Cant really put a finger on it. Sweet? Strange malty taste? Just kind of ruins the beer The 1st picture is the original recipe. I tweaked it in the second thinking this might help. Thoughts?
13030971375395195195Screenshot9520180823-080752.jpeg
Screenshot_2018-09-24-17-45-34.jpeg

Is it done? One of my test bottles wasn't done though seemed moderately carbed had an odd sweet finish. Sweeter than a Marzen should be, time fixed that and lagering smooths it out too.

Is it done? One of my test bottles wasn't done though seemed moderately carbed had an odd sweet finish. Sweeter than a Marzen should be, time fixed that and lagering smooths it out too.
I have one just sitting in the keg. Gonna let that sit and see if it smooths out.

Back