okc bricktown brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been.

If you're going to be in OKC for a few days, you should go check out Royal Bavaria. It's an authentic German restaurant/brewhouse. They brew a Helles, Weizen, and Oktoberfest in house that are all great plus the food is awesome!!!

I saw it online. Where is it? I'll be here thru Thursday then on to Tulsa and back to Dallas on Friday. Btw..the new IPA at Bricktown Brewery is pretty good!

I saw it online. Where is it? I'll be here thru Thursday then on to Tulsa and back to Dallas on Friday. Btw..the new IPA at Bricktown Brewery is pretty good!

Sooner Road, about 5 or 6 miles south of I-240. I'll have to check out the Bricktown Brewery...there seem to be very few great craft beer locations in OKC thanks to the wonderful beer laws that our great state government imposes on us.

I just found Tap Werks in Bricktown. Getting ready to head over there. It appears they have a ton of beers on tap and in the bottle. It's not brewed on site but they have a huge selection so it should be good.

I went to Bricktown Brewery for the first time for the 50 cent Pint special.

This might sound like a rant but this my experience with Bricktown Brewery

Let me tell you they have in my opinion the absolute worst beer. Started with the IPA. I was able to stomach it but nothing to write home to mom about. Second I had the Cooperhead. It was terrible. I paid 50 cents for it and didn't even finish it. Its now 2 hours later and I still feel sick from the liquid #### they have on tap.

I had 2 beers for $1 and I will never go back. Even if the beers were free.

Wow! I wasn't overly impressed but I did like the IPA. It was defintely the best beer they had. Didn't care for the Wheat and don't really remember the Copperhead. Did you try the Blueberry?

I had cold homebrew in the fridge so I was out of there.

This may sound harsh but I would rather give up drinking beer than drink their beer again.

I even tried to wash their beer down with some wings and onion rings thinking the food might help the taste of the beer. No Luck

I didn't eat there so I can't comment on the food. Sad to hear you thought so little of it since it is one of the only, if not the only, microbrewies in OKC. I don't get up to OKC as much as I used to so I'm doesn't hurt me much, but you guys in OK are hurting for good beer!

You should try Belle Isle Brewery in 50 Penn Place in Okc.

Now they have great beer. The taste of Belle Isle is what I was expecting if not more from Bricktown. Since Bricktown is so well known and had been around for ever.

Send me a PM and I'll meet you there. If your on twitter they post their beer specials so you can plan ahead.

The best part about Belle Isle is you can buy a 1/2 gal growler of their beers to go. Oh and free house beers when they have live music.

Did you make it to tapwerks? If so, what did you think? It's one of my favorite places to go while in bricktown.

I never did. I got busy working in the hotel and next thing I knew it was 8:00. Ran over to Hooters, ate and went back to the hotel to finish more work! I hope to go there next time too.

Tapwerks is great. They have like 150 kinds of beer. They dont brew beer there though.

Bricktown B and TapWerk have a history of infections and dirty lines. I have heard some rants lemme tell you and, I knew an employee of TW.

There is also BJ's but, they don't actually brew on premise. It all gets shipped in from Texas. Decent selection but....

To be honest, the best beer selection is at Cellar wine and Spirits on May. No 3.2 cap but nothing cold either.

McNellies pub (downtown) also has a nice selction of craft and does bring Marshall beers up from Tulsa. Decent food too.

Back