OK what did I do?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idtapit

Reaction score
So I over carbonated my beer, and I read some form about hooking my gas in the out post and trying to force out the co. Well I didn't read where it said do it very slowly and only for a second. So now with no gas or any lines at all hooked up when I pull the pressure relief valve on the top all I get is a lot of foam out what can I do to correct this problem and fix by over carbonated beer?

If you're not in a hurry, what I would do is take the keg off of CO2, pull the pressure release valve (until there is almost no gas escaping) every hour for a few hours, then hook it up to serving pressure and try to pour. Repeat if necessary.

edit: at this point I don't think being in a hurry is in your best interest! Good luck!

If you're not in a hurry, what I would do is take the keg off of CO2, pull the pressure release valve (until there is almost no gas escaping) every hour for a few hours, then hook it up to serving pressure and try to pour. Repeat if necessary.

edit: at this point I don't think being in a hurry is in your best interest! Good luck!

I think your right lol. Well what ever I did worked. Just had another sample, and the right about of head on it this time.

Back