OK to store carbed beer in kegs at room temp?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick604

Reaction score
What do you do when you have more beers kegged than cold storage space? I would like to brew a couple batches for a spring party, but my fridge will only hold three cornies. Is it okay to cold crash, force carb, then store in the basement for a few weeks until it is needed?

I would store them with lower-than-normal pressure, in case the warmer temp results in renewed fermentation. Otherwise, so long as they are in a relativity cool (60-70F) area with relatively constant temperature and no direct sunlight, you should be fine. (Sunlight doesn't hurt beer in a cornie keg per se, but it can cause hot spots on it) Before serving cool for about 48 hours, and carbonate to proper pressure.

I would store them with lower-than-normal pressure, in case the warmer temp results in renewed fermentation.

i would say even that is not necessary. as long as the kegs dont leak, just carb it as usual, then store it wherever you want. as long as the beer has been kept sanitary throughout the whole process, there is no need for refrigeration.

Thanks guys, I was hoping that would be the correct answer! Brew away, store for a rainy day!

Back