Oil Spill

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speedy Dry is the way to go. Any car care place should have it. most fire departments use it to soak up spills

I learned a technique for using speedy dry / cat litter when I worked at a garage when in college.

Basically do the soak up and sweep off thing. If you want to get almost 100% of the oil off of the driveway use a brick to grind the speedy dry into the driveway surface. Repeat. Works great.

Spilled a good amount of oil on my driveway today (well not MY driveway) Is cat litter the way to go?

concrete or black top?

Reason being with concrete you can do a 2 step cleaning. first spread speedy dry and let soak up what it can sweep it up then pour some mineral spirits on it let soak and then throw some more speedy dry on it. gets the stain out.

Dont try this on Blacktop.

Pour some dawn on it, scrub a bit, then hose off. Will clean it spotless. I use it in heating and cooling when guys spill the oil out of there natural gas piping machines. That stuff is way worse than motor oil and dawn cleans it right up. I have tried on motor oil as well

Back