Oh man that's gotta hurt...but dogs don't complain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpanishCastleAle

Reaction score
Monday night my dog had one of those anal sacs burst. Took him to the vet first thing Teasday morning, they sedated him and did a procedure where they end up stuffing it with some packing. He's on antibiotics and a painkiller and has to wear one of those cone-shaped collars to prevent him from pulling the packing out. He hates the cone-collar, he hasn't drank any water at all and only pee'd for the first time this morning. He won't eat dog food or dog treats, I had to stuff the antibiotic/painkiller into small chunks of leftover meatloaf.

He constantly catches the edges of that collar on everything and as a result, won't really move. He'll just stay in that one spot until I coax him to move. Just a friggin' shred of 'design' could prevent that (just roll the edges if nothing else). I'm considering taking some snips to that collar and trying to customize it for him. Any ideas appreciated.

He's so miserable right now...but dogs don't complain. I can hardly look him in the eye right now, just tears me up to see him suffer like this. It ain't pretty back there.

Hmm, manual expression of a dog's anal glands. Reason 1,382 I will never have a dog.
I didn't want a dog when I got him. But it was either me or the pound so I chose to take him. I'm def not expressing any canine anal glands, I don't even pick up his poop (I walk him where you don't have to). But thanks for the kind words.

One of my dogs is going through the same thing with the collar it is almost funny, but incredibly tough to deal with too.

Perhaps lady gaga has an anal sac issue.
gaga-queen-dress-500x375.jpg

Back