Oh Goody, I can throw up a poll... (Literally)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you like in the World Series?

• The Detroit Tigers

• The St. Louis Cardinals

• Who gives a rat's a$$

• Ralph Nader

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ize

Reaction score
So who do you like in the Series? I know it won't be a long-lived poll, but that's never stopped us before.... :drunk:

Ize

baseball is probably the most boring sport on this planet to watch....i'd rather watch grass grow

Sadly the Mets blew it tonight! But, I think that the Detroit's pitching is going to be tough. We will see this weekend.

desertBrew said:
I still hold a grudge against the Cardinals from '82. Go Detroit!

I would have that same feeling but I wasn't born yet. Go NL!! Go Cards!!!

Edit: Plus the Cubs fans hate the Cards more than the brewers. And anything is better than the happy cubs fan.

Since the Astros have been history for a while now, I'll go with the Cards.

Will St. Louis actually show up this year?

The series against the Red Sox was just about as anticlimactic as it could possibly be. I think they forgot they were playing the Sox, they never gave us a chance to roll over and die. It was like they just were sick of playing baseball and wanted to go home.

Because that series was SO dull, I'm rooting for the Tiggers.

The American league is SO much better than the NL, I don't think it will even be close. The Cards are my favorite NL team, but they're in WAY over their heads with the Tigers.

Heck, the teams the Tigers had to get past in their own division (outside of the Royals) are better than ANY of the NL teams.

The ONLY chance the Cards have is if the Tigers come out flat from this long layoff.

I'd say the odds are at least 5-1 in favor of the Tigers

Pumbaa said:
Does that make anyone else feel older then hell?

Not ment that way. Just rationalizing why I don't hate the Card's and still be from Milwaukee. I just a college guy drinking beer and hating almost everything from that cesspool they call a state right below us.;) Just kidding you flatlanders.

No interest in baseball. Played it as a kid, but grew out of it, I guess. Although I can't make fun of its diminishing popularity, as my sport of choice is not real hot here in the states. Soccer, or football for those across the water, is looked at as "communist" here. Oh well, it'll catch on sooner or later.

Have a coworker from Boston here who can't stop talking about the Red Sox. Although, I haven't heard too much about them recently...hmmm.

And to prevent all the responses about how soccer is a sissy sport...read this:
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2006/10/16/sports/EU_SPT_SOC_Chelsea_Cech_Injury.php

::in best Simpson's Comic Book Guy voice:: Lowest rated World Series ever!

Im a Canadian who loves the Detroit Tigers and Im going crazy right now. I love baseball . And its an awesome sport to all those who dont think it is boring. I understand if you do. But what else should a fella do while brewing a batch, I watch sports. Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!
I also watch the Red Wings, Pistons, and **** oh yes I admit that I love those sorry ass Lions

I hear ya Bro, Madison Heights here, straight up 75 from teh Abassador.

I watch the sorry ass Lions too, but I think what people don;t realize is that this Tiger tema came out of ****ING NO WHERE!!!!!!!!!

this is not a perennial contendor that finally made the big tine, this team has been in the playoffs in 19 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 years ago they set an American League record fot the MOST losses (119) thiws is unreal, and without jinxing it too much, I'm not sure ANYONE would be able to beat this team.
The lost the first game of the playoffs, then PLOWED through the Yankkes, then SWEPT the A's (Who had just finished sweeping their first round opponened minnisota or milwaukee I foget)
anyway, this is weird, but man o man am I geeked.

and as for the layoff, It's not the same in Baseball as other sports, Pitchers LOVE rest, and the game is so procedural i don;t think it will hurt them, especially as methodical as the Tigers play.
Base hit
base hit
base hit
run
end of inning
5 batter for the other team, no runs
base hit
basr hit
base hit
2 runs

5 batters for the other team, no runs
repeat

pbowler said:
...and as for the layoff, It's not the same in Baseball as other sports, Pitchers LOVE rest, and the game is so procedural i don;t think it will hurt them, especially as methodical as the Tigers play.

Completely untrue - baseball is ALL about routine - you get out of it and it hurts you. Starters are used to going every 5 days - 6 max. This layoff is gonna hurt - no doubt. Same with hitters, they haven't faced REAL pitching in almost a WEEK!!

I don't think it's enough to cost the Tigers the series, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there isn't a guy on that team that's liking this rest

Now now all you non-baseball folks. The long drought of months from the end of the NHL and NBA seasons to the beginning of NFL training camp are over. Your fall and winter sports are underway and/or just beginning...

I will take 9 innings of analyzing pitching and bitching about every single out , and questioning the strike zone any day... But that's my taste.

I haven't voted in my own poll yet, but when I do, I'll probably vote Ralph Nader. I was born and bred a Redbirds fan, but I've been down this road before. I truly don't know what is going to happen. I've read "most boring World Series", "AL pitching is going to clean up", "Tigers may be hurt by the week off..."

In the end tho, I'd like the Title thanks.... :cross:

It's all crap tho really... Yes, the AL is stronger in the pitching dept, but until both teams are on the field and playing, no one knows.

The again, Detroit could pull a BoSox and rifle right thru us. :drunk:

I guess I'll have another beer and think about it....

Ize

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=6yW-4w-p6Fk[/ame]

I was hoping to find the clip by Homer when he is not allowed to drink all month and goes to a ball game and utters this quote “I never realized how boring this game really is.”, but I had to settle for the above. :D

No worse than cricket I guess...

Since I am in Michigan. I must go with the Tigers. It has been so long since we have had a winning Tigers team let alone a series team.

Ize said:
And in the end, I voted for the Cardinals. :eek: I'm such a townie... :D

Ize

Cards all the way. I grew up with the cards, and we had a AA cards team only 30 miles from us when groing up.

I also have the townie mentality.

That said, the Cards kicked A$$ tonight.

sause said:
I would have that same feeling but I wasn't born yet. Go NL!! Go Cards!!!

Edit: Plus the Cubs fans hate the Cards more than the brewers. And anything is better than the happy cubs fan.

Ugh i was 18 drunk off my ass and crying in my BMC while watching that series. I have gotten over it though- I would just like to see the Crew back in there before I die. Don't care who wins this one- just want it to be exciting

rdwj said:
Completely untrue - baseball is ALL about routine - you get out of it and it hurts you. Starters are used to going every 5 days - 6 max. This layoff is gonna hurt - no doubt. Same with hitters, they haven't faced REAL pitching in almost a WEEK!!

I don't think it's enough to cost the Tigers the series, but you can bet your bottom dollar that there isn't a guy on that team that's liking this rest

:(:( :( ...

Biermann said:
Cards all the way. I grew up with the cards, and we had a AA cards team only 30 miles from us when groing up.

I also have the townie mentality.

That said, the Cards kicked A$$ tonight.

I used to catch the Springfield Cards in the early 90's. That was always fun.

Reyes looked far better than I thought he would last night. Good outing for the youngster, especially in the 3 ring circus that is the Series...

Gonna be interesting tho that's for sure.

Ize

Ize said:
I used to catch the Springfield Cards in the early 90's. That was always fun.

Reyes looked far better than I thought he would last night. Good outing for the youngster, especially in the 3 ring circus that is the Series...

Gonna be interesting tho that's for sure.

Ize

The Springfield Cards were awesome. When I worked as a medic in Spfld, we could usually get in free to the games when we were on duty. Then the Cardinals moved up to Peoria, and the team became Single A "Capitols." Still fun to watch, but kinda lame.

Now the Chiefs in Peoria went from being a Cards affiliate to being a Cubs affiliate.

I still pay money to go watch them, but its not the same. BTW, Albert Pujols played in Peoria for awhile!!

Biermann said:
The Springfield Cards were awesome. When I worked as a medic in Spfld, we could usually get in free to the games when we were on duty. Then the Cardinals moved up to Peoria, and the team became Single A "Capitols." Still fun to watch, but kinda lame.

Now the Chiefs in Peoria went from being a Cards affiliate to being a Cubs affiliate.

I still pay money to go watch them, but its not the same. BTW, Albert Pujols played in Peoria for awhile!!

Classic, I remember seeing Dmitri Young play in Springfield. He was with the Tigers until he was released in September.

I remember getting these HUGE beers at Lanphier for about 3 or 4 bucks. God it was great...

I think I'll get my cane and hobble over to my rocking chair now... :D

Ize

Yeah, I thought I was back in Cards heaven when I came to P-town and found that the AA franchise (formerly the Spfld Cards) were a cards affiliate.

Then the Cubs bought them out, and I lapsed into a deep depression.

Oh well, I didn't really believe a Cards franchise could last in a Cubs bastion like Peoria.

How did Kenny Rogers not get ejected from that game last night? The guy had pine tar on his pitching hand!

todd_k said:
How did Kenny Rogers not get ejected from that game last night? The guy had pine tar on his pitching hand!

He said it was dirt - lol! It was SOOOO obviously NOT dirt.

This one is on LaRussa. He SHOULD have had his hand checked as soon as he was made aware of the situation.

But so far - great series! Very enjoyable

Back