Oh, fun newb times

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaiser423

Reaction score
Was brewing up a brown today, and things were going well.

Getting a process down, really making things a lot easier. The brew is going well, and as smooth as can be. Not nearly as bad as last itme when at the end I had ran out of ice to cool the wort down, so I had to leave it overnight in the garage before pitching the yeast, and had a huge mess in the kitchen.

This time everything is spotless. I steeped the grains, and then did a sparge-like process and got quite a bit more out of the grains. The full biol went well. All my utensils were cleaned and hand a clean rag above and below, and the kitchen was spotless. I was hitting all the temperatures and times right on.

I cool the wort down really fast, and I'm busy aerating. Good stuff. I forgot to close the spigot on my primary. In the rush, I pull the kettle back up and bump a pot holder right smack into the wort. Nice. Not a clean pot holder either. I thought about bringing back up to a boil; and that's probably what I should have done. But I though eff it, this is how I roll :rockin:

If nothing else, it willl be a good experiment in how much crap beer can take and come out fine, or not so fine....

Considering some of the stories I've heard on this site, I'd like to think that you're going to be on the safe side when it comes down to your finished product...

I've always maintained the idea that it's not worth worrying about a beer that I " might have screwed up" until after I've tasted it and it's *actually* screwed up.

I'd be willing to bet that you're going to end up with a more than decent brew and you might be wondering why you doubted those yeasties' tenacity in the first place...

Roll on and keep brewing! If the beer is bad just burn the potholder for getting in the way. That'll teach those evil potholders.

Back