Oh Dear God Bells Hopslam is amazing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
I have never had a beer like this. It literally grabs your face and f**** it silly with hop aroma. Unbelivable. 10.3% !!! WHAT????? No way. Amazing!!! Kudos to Bells I have a new fav beer of all time!

Count me in the list of fans. My LHBS has a clone recipe that I'm going to try, but probably not for a while since Austin Homebrew has their Pliney clone on sale cheap.

Oh yeah, that stuff is the bomb. Just had a bottle the other night. I'm not entirely sure if it's actually beer, I think they squeeze the juice out of a few thousand pounds of hops:rockin:

I have never heard of anyone that has been close with a clone. please let us know if anyone even gets close.

Had one on Sat at a beer festival in Grand Rapids. AWESOME! So far I have not found a more hoppy beer. Not just more bitter, but a beer that literally makes you think you are drinking liquid hops. So good.

I asked them what the recipe might be like at the brewery and the guy just said they don't give out that information. You can ask away about Two-hearted, but nothing doing on the Hopslam!

I bet Larry Bell made a deal with the devil to come up with the recipe for this.

:rockin:

hopslam.jpg

Dammit Xiang! I still have 4 hours of work left!

I was jonesing for one of these last night. I forgot to check the beer store after dropping my daughter off to dance. My mom picked her up for me (and she sure as Heck ain't going to buy me any beer!)

Awwwwlllriiiight!!!!

I went to the party store downtown for a deli wrap and lo and behold they have a few 6ers of Hopslam! in the fridge! Over $17, but worth it to have it in my hands. Plus I like to support the local guys who sell good beer.

After the first one, I'm saving it for special occasions.

I am about to try this right now as we speak. Since this is to showcase some hops should these be drank in a relatively short amount of time??

The Bells brew shop in Kalamazoo will help you put togather a clone kit right there in the store if you ask the guys behind the front desk nicely. They helped me put togather an winter white clone and I was in there the other day while they were helping a guy with an Oberon clone kit and a kalamazoo stout as well. Great LHBS and its worth the drive if you have too. The bar is right behind it and you can get all the bells beer and stuff you want. Defiantly worth a road trip.

Drink them in good health

I just got 1 bottle of this on Saturday. I can't wait to break it open. I have a "double" brewday upcoming that I think that I will crack it open for.

The Bells brew shop in Kalamazoo will help you put togather a clone kit right there in the store if you ask the guys behind the front desk nicely. They helped me put togather an winter white clone and I was in there the other day while they were helping a guy with an Oberon clone kit and a kalamazoo stout as well. Great LHBS and its worth the drive if you have too. The bar is right behind it and you can get all the bells beer and stuff you want. Defiantly worth a road trip.

Drink them in good health

Funny, that is where I asked for some hints about the recipe and the guy (or lady, I can't remember) said they can't help me with that.

I sitll think I prefer Founders Double Trouble to Hopslam... Drinking one watching the Man City vs. Liverpool game. And dare I say that I prefer it to Pliny the Elder....

Back