OG and FG

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dark_Ale

Reaction score
I ran a gravity on 7.5 gallons @68F and got a 1.030. PreBoil
I never checked after the boil gravity, is'nt there an easy way to figure that.
I ended with with 6 gallons on a 90min boil. should have been around 1.045 on 6 gallons right?

I ran a gravity on 7.5 gallons @68F and got a 1.030. PreBoil
I never checked after the boil gravity, is'nt there an easy way to figure that.
I ended with with 6 gallons on a 90min boil. should have been around 1.045 on 6 gallons right?

What was your recipe? Your OG post boil is going to depend on how much sugars were added to the wort.

On a side note, where in the "Houston area" are you?

Not sure of the recipe, I helped a friend brew, he thought he had 12 pounds of grain, after mash and sparge etc we ended up with 7.5 gallons of 1.030 wort, did a 90 min boil and ended up with 6gallons of finished wort. I was curious what the finished gravity was.
Liberty Texas, East of Houston

Not sure of the recipe, I helped a friend brew, he thought he had 12 pounds of grain, after mash and sparge etc we ended up with 7.5 gallons of 1.030 wort, did a 90 min boil and ended up with 6gallons of finished wort. I was curious what the finished gravity was.
Liberty Texas, East of Houston

Ok, so without a recipe it's tough to tell (for me at least). Maybe some of the more experienced brewers here can give you a ball park.

I lived just North of Houston in Montgomery for several years and used to just refer to it as the "Houston Area", so when I saw your location it kinda peaked my interest. :)

Back