Off Flavor in Hob Goblin Clone.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyc

Reaction score
I brewed Orfy's Hob Goblin clone back around christmas. Its been in the bottles for well over a month. I has a "yeasty" flavor that is almost unbearable. I haven't had this off flavor before. Any suggestions as to what is the cause of it? Any help will be great, cause I'm on the verge of dumping the rest as well.

mikeyc said:
I brewed Orgy's Hob Goblin clone...
I wonder how he got that nickname?

mikeyc said:
...back around christmas. Its been in the bottles for well over a month. I has a "yeasty" flavor that is almost unbearable. I haven't had this off flavor before. Any suggestions as to what is the cause of it? Any help will be great, cause I'm on the verge of dumping the rest as well.
Maybe if you post more info for those of us who aren't familiar with it - I take it this was an AG beer, but what was the recipe, what yeast did you use, what were the mash and fermentation temps, and anything else you can think of.

Orgy?

Many people have brewed it and the brew it's self doesn't have off flavours.

What recipe did you folow and did you differ in the yeast or methods used at all?
It is very rare that a batch of any beer needs dumping unless you have a bad infection.
Don't dump it yet.

Orfy. ;)

Back