off brand mancan mini kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedrunkdutchman

Reaction score
So I have found on amazon the components for a mini keg like the very expensive Mancan for quite a bit cheaper (as low as $42 for the ball lock cap about $26 for the 64 oz keg/growler and $37 for the 128 oz keg/growler, compared to the nearly $200 I've seen for the same complete 128 oz Mancan rig). Now I've bought a couple of the complete 64 oz amazon rigs and love them, however i just found on eBay the ball lock caps for about $32. but they ship from china which sounds a little sketchy to me. Am i over thinking this? I brought this up with my sister and she pointed out that the amazon ones were made in china and that the eBay ones probably just cut out a middle man. My question is has anyone else used the eBay ones before and if so what is your thoughts on them?

Your sister is right. They all come from china. I bought some used Mancans off ebay some some additional ball lock lids from aliexpress. You are taking additional risk by buying direct from China because it is easier to deal with a US company, but ebay, paypal, your credit card, etc. all have consumer protection. It might take longer to get it resolved. I did have an issue with this very product, in which the seller never shipped the cap. They had a pretty big shipping time and I had to wait several weeks for it to pass before filing a claim that easily went in my favor, so do look at the seller's rating.

Back