Oct-Dec Wyeast PC Yeasts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nugent

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hail Britannia!

1469PC - West Yorkshire Ale (i.e. Timothy Taylor's yeast)
1026PC - British Cask Ale
9097PC - Old Ale Blend

Really looking forward to trying the 1469 on a Landlord clone. I have the hops that I need and soon the yeast. Sweet.

Any experience with the first two, as they've been issued before in 2008 (I think)? Not sure about the Old Ale Blend.

I've never used 1469 myself but everyone who has used it seems to have loved it. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Excellent! I've been wanting to try the 1469 for a while, myself. In fact, they all look pretty interesting. Damn, something tells me I'm going to be doing a lot of brewing this autumn!

9097 has Brett in it! I love brett beers, and it's just about time for my annual brett-brew. I think I'm going to do a large 15 gallon batch

Now to come up with a recipe...

My bad, it's 1026.

Wyeast 1026 PC British Cask Ale

A great yeast choice for any cask conditioned British Ale and one that is especially well suited for IPA’s and Australian ales. Produces a nice malt profile and finishes crisp & slightly tart. Low to moderate fruit ester producer that clears well without filtration.

Attenuation 74-77%
Alc. Tolerance 9%
Flocculation medium/high
Temperature Range 63-72°F (17-22°C)

The old ale has been out before:

Wyeast 9097-PC Old Ale Blend
Beer Styles: English Barleywine, English Strong Ale, Old Ale
Profile: To bring you a bit of English brewing heritage we developed the “Old Ale” blend, including an attenuative ale strain and a Brettanomyces strain, which will ferment well in dark worts and produce beers with nice fruitiness. Complex estery characters will emerge with age. Pie cherry and sourness will evolve from the Brettanomyces along with distinct horsey characteristics.

Alc. Tolerance 12%
Flocculation medium
Attenuation 75-80%
Temperature Range 68-75°F (20-24°C)

I wonder how long an old ale should age on this blend.

The old ale has been out before: Wyeast 9097-PC Old Ale Blend
Thinking about using this in a RIS. Any thoughts or experience?

Edit:
Should have read the BJCP guidelines for a RIS first:
Aged versions may have a slight vinous or port-like quality, but shouldn’t be sour.

Edit again:
After reading the Old Ale guidelines I find my RIS recipe may actually be an Old Ale. :eek:

Back