Obscure recipe help...taking a wild stab at Graetzer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phissionkorps

Reaction score
Gotta brew for my Prussian heritage. I'm looking at something like (at 69% efficiency):

4.75lbs German Roasted Wheat
2.50lbs 2-row pale

1.5oz spalt select 4.0% 90 mins
1.0oz spalt select 4.0% 60 mins

Anyone brewed anything similar? Good...bad...suggestions?? Details please :mug:

Yeast will probably some WB-06 I have.

Btw, I ended up editing the homebrewing wiki on this style. It says the name is from Graetz, which is the German name for Grodzisk, a town in Poland near the German-Polish border. However, Grodzisk is actually closer to the border with Belarus, and Graetz is actually the German name for Grodzisk Wielkopolski, which is still not all that close to the German-Polish border, but much closer than Grodzisk (on the same side of the country at least).

Brewed last night. LHBS didn't have roasted wheat, and I don't have a way of roasting my own since I gave my smoker to my dad. In lieu of that, I used this instead:

1 lb smoked malt
4 lbs German wheat
2 lbs German pilsner

With an OG this low, I didn't want to go overboard on the smoke, so I'll up it next time if necessary. The OG was supposed to be 1.034, but I got 86% efficiency instead of my assumed 69%, and ended up at 1.048. Good thing the style is extinct so I can't be held accountable for butchering it lol

Back