Obama on Letterman on Homebrewing!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bellmtbbq

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I love how he avoided answering the question of how much they were making. I'm willing to bet that it's more than the two person household limit.

Obama kinda made it sound like we're all a bunch of backwater moonshiners! Haha :D

I love how he avoided answering the question of how much they were making. I'm willing to bet that it's more than the two person household limit.

Because he doesn't know anything about the beer or the process involved in making it. His kitchen staff does everything. Obama just tries to look 'hip' in the process.

Dammit I got baited into an Obama thread :mad:

He plainly indicated it was a mess worker who brews the beer. Only a fool (or a Republican) would take it any other way. ;)

Obama doesn't brew himself, a worker in the kitchen does it.

But on the brightside, in about 2 weeks, Obama will have plenty of time to learn how to brew himself in his new Chicago condo

rhamilton said:
Because he doesn't know anything about the beer or the process involved in making it. His kitchen staff does everything.

I saw the original vid post on the whitehouse website and let me tell you, the kitchen staff in the vid couldn't find their ass with both hands in my brewhouse... I'm a little surprised they don't seem to know more about it.

Don't get me wrong; I'm thrilled they do it. Just a little surprised they seem like the kind of guys who would post a "is this infected?" thread 3 days after they pitched it.

You know, I'd be pretty upset if he wasn't authorizing the production of HOMEBREW in the WHITE HOUSE. Politics isn't my forte and IMHO is a total buzz kill but if I just found out my neighbor was homebrewing I'd be really excited. I treat this whole thing the same way.

I'm confident that it was a random extract recipe someone in the kitchen found, searching to use honey.

Those guys don't really know a whole helluva lot about brewing from the stuff I saw.. Obama has no clue what is being made, other than being brought up to date on the fact that people know about it.

I love this video. This is to me at the same level as Clinton playing the saxophone on Arsenio Hall. Here we see Obama being human, and being himself. Remember, he's a lawyer and politician who isn't exactly spending his time cooking beer these days. If he was, or drinking as much beer as me, I'd question his ability to run a country. The fact that he has a guy making beer in the house and calls it "tasty beer" is hilarious. This is a brilliant campaign detail. And beer drinkers are the swing vote. This is why I like Obama. The guy and his team are a formidable force and very much in touch with the popular trends of this nation. You might not like his politics, but if you are a beer drinker you gotta love this video.

I love this video. This is to me at the same level as Clinton playing the saxophone on Arsenio Hall. Here we see Obama being human, and being himself. Remember, he's a lawyer and politician who isn't exactly spending his time cooking beer these days. If he was, or drinking as much beer as me, I'd question his ability to run a country. The fact that he has a guy making beer in the house and calls it "tasty beer" is hilarious. This is a brilliant campaign detail. And beer drinkers are the swing vote. This is why I like Obama. The guy and his team are a formidable force and very much in touch with the popular trends of this nation. You might not like his politics, but if you are a beer drinker you gotta love this video.

He can brew all the beer he wants when he moves back to Chicago in January.
Maybe should be trying to figure out how to run the damn country instead of trying to keep up with the "popular trends".

Ehhh.. Lets keep it to the beer folks.. Brewing it in Chicago or DC... doesn't matter to us here..

I'm more interested in learning about his administration's role in Operation Fast & Furious...

Don't worry people. If it makes you feel better, it matters very little who wins in November, if it is Romney or Obama.

Good for the kitchen staff guy to pursue homebrewing though.

I'm thrilled to see home brewing getting this positive attention. Politics aside, it's great to see our president represent quality, small batch brewing. After living in communities where drinking was treated as somewhat unacceptable, I really enjoy seeing a leader advocate for the joys of drinking beer and brewing.

Maybe should be trying to figure out how to run the damn country instead of trying to keep up with the "popular trends".

Yup. Someone who is completely out of touch with popular choice is probably best for the World's Greatest democracy.

Romney's god doesn't allow drinking beer. What's next? BBQs????!..

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm thrilled to see home brewing getting this positive attention. Politics aside, it's great to see our president represent quality, small batch brewing. After living in communities where drinking was treated as somewhat unacceptable, i really enjoy seeing a leader advocate for the joys of drinking beer and brewing.

+10

Mitt can't drink coffee either. Caffein is the devil's work. Unless it's coke products. Those are OK because the mo's invested in the coca cola company.

Only a fool (or a Republican) would take it any other way. ;)

WOW?! Way to take it .... THERE!

I'm Republican and I like that the President MAY homebrew. I may disagrre or agree with Obama, but ANY humor I find enjoyable.

Yup. Someone who is completely out of touch with popular choice is probably best for the World's Greatest democracy.

Romney's god doesn't allow drinking beer. What's next? BBQs????!..

I don't care if he likes beer or not as long as he can heal this countries financial woes.
I rather have the guy out of touch with the "popular choice" as opposed to a guy that is out of touch with common horse sense.
Obama is a great hipster president and he is so cool but that is about it.
Maybe he can go on America's Got Talent or American Idol and be the popular choice. That way Romney can start solving the problems this country has before it ceases to exist and everybody is happy.

Romney's god doesn't allow drinking beer. What's next? BBQs????!.. God forbid...!!!

1) We aren't a democracy - democracies are mob rule, in which the most popular celebrity wins, regardless of merit. The US is a republic.

2) "Romney's God" - you mean the same God as the Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

Ignorant people that vote on popularity or distraction issues are the reason we have a celebrity in office.

Gabba said:
1) We aren't a democracy - democracies are mob rule, in which the most popular celebrity wins, regardless of merit. The US is a republic.

2) "Romney's God" - you mean the same God as the Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

Ignorant people that vote on popularity or distraction issues are the reason we have a celebrity in office.

Correct. It wasn't the first time a "celebrity" was voted as president (reagan and Clinton come to mind) and it won't be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back