O2/ airation stones

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acdavis

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering what these actually look like and how in the heck do I clean & sanitize this after it's been in my beer? I'm picturing something like a pumas stone, which to me seems like something that would be very difficult to clean, but I bet you beer guru's have already figured this out.

I just rinse the thing off with hot water after I use it then hang it up to dry when I'm ready to use it again I'll soak it in star-san or what ever I'm using for a sanitizer. Boiling the thing seems like overkill to me but it won't hurt the areation stone but over time I imagine boiling the o2 hose would cause it age prematurely.

I went to Petco and bought a card with about five aquarium stones. I picked up a chunk of 1/4" tubing and I'm good to go. I use a 2" piece of copper pipe for weight. When I'm done oxygenating the wort, the stone and tubing goes into starsan, then it's sealed into a ziplock bag.
Good Luck...

Latest posts

Back