O-fer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cposten

Reaction score
Havin a bad slump. Call it a sophomore slump. Call it me being terrible at brewin. Call it whatever you may but I've been on a bad streak. O fer on my last 3 brews, all gone bad. Took weeks, but, all new equipment and now a proven recipe. Figure string a couple brews together and ill get outta this. If not I finally know how it feels to be a bills fan.

Not exactly. At least Buffalo fans can brew.

edc9_bazinga_pint_glass_inhand.jpg

I was talking gettin so close and losing it. And your right, not exactly as a buffalo fan, I've only lost 3 times in a row. Buffalo had 4 straight SB losses

I look at it like, Buffalo had four opportunities to go to the big game. Division champions for four years and consistently getting to the top of the playoffs.

The analogy as applied to home brewing: If you brewed the best home brewed beer in one half of America, and lost out in a competition to the best beer from the other half of America, you'd still be the second best home brewed beer in America. Pretty good, eh?

You sir, do not produce a second place beer, much less a winner. Three utter failures based on your score sheet doesn't quite get you to second place.

However, this is the website where we can help you get to the top of your division. If you're concerned about that and want to improve your brews, post your recipes and your complete brewing process (especially your sanitation regime) in the beginner's brew forum. Post everything about your brewing that you can think of including all techniques, ingredients and equipment and we can help you solve your slump.

Until then, hate on Dallas.

You sir, I like. I have spent time on here doing just that. It was a post-brew scrawling through the forums that prompted this post. Anyhow I'm assuming you're a bills fan and I ment no offense, its just that I feel bad picking on the browns anymore than they do themselves. At least you guys have something ( including IMO the best unis in the league from 90's until especially now) and I pull for anybody that has a chance to be the thorn in the pats or jets side. That being said as a life long 3rd generation giants fan I have, and will, always hate on Dallas.

Excuse me if you're not a bills fan.

I was also using a football season as an analogy for the brewing process. Basically the heartbreak of putting so much work into something only to have it snatched away at the very end.

You sir, I like. I have spent time on here doing just that. It was a post-brew scrawling through the forums that prompted this post. Anyhow I'm assuming you're a bills fan and I ment no offense, its just that I feel bad picking on the browns anymore than they do themselves. At least you guys have something ( including IMO the best unis in the league from 90's until especially now) and I pull for anybody that has a chance to be the thorn in the pats or jets side. That being said as a life long 3rd generation giants fan I have, and will, always hate on Dallas.

Excuse me if you're not a bills fan.

Kind of a Bills fan by default. My Wife's from Buffalo, NY and we go up a few times a year to visit with her very large Catholic family, many of which have located down near us in FL. We all pretty much bond over football, and The Bills are a great #2 team for me. Since most of my side of the family are from the Carolina's, i've been a Panthers fan since their inception. And, of course, I live near Jacksonville, so everyone here is a Jags fan. That's pretty much the holy trifecta of break-heart football: Bills, Panthers and Jags.

Wherever I live though, my hatred of Dallas is pretty much universal. I blame ABC Sports and Monday Night Football's dynamic trio of Dan Dierdorf, Howard Cosell and Dandy Don Merideth. I was one of the fans that loved Howard Cosell and hated Don Merideth with a purple passion. Don was all about Dallas, never ever shut up about them and praised them over every other team. America's team, my ass.

My Dad was also a Redskins fan at the time, and the Dallas vs. Skins rivalry was legendary in the 1970's.

It gives me great pleasure to watch their current choke artist, Romo, suck so hard.

Well my friend at least we have some common ground, Kerry Collins. And Tom coughlin since the jags were mentioned. As To your skins connection, as much as every royal blue fiber in my body wants to hate bob griffin, in all good conscience I can't. He's a great player and a good fellow as far as I can see. BUT, he wears that red. The memories of field goal duels back in the day to that very red make liking, said red player/team, extra hard. Here's a porter to a hopefully eventful (only in games played) football season.

And yes, it's so great to watch romo ruin seasons by not just fumbling kicking snaps.

Back